As you start the procurement process, many questions are likely to arise:
- Which traffic counter is the best?
- How will I know the count is accurate….and stays that way?
- Wi-Fi counters seem a lot cheaper – are they accurate?
- What about all the extra features — heat mapping, dwell, queue…what is the use case? Are they worth it?
- How can I be sure that installing traffic counters will be worth it?
Over the last 20 years, the experts at HeadCount have installed virtually every category of traffic counter from beam and thermal sensors, to traffic counting cameras, to the latest Wi-Fi devices. Since we are not a manufacturer of traffic counters, we undertake objective, unbiased tests and reviews of available traffic counting hardware on the market so we can best advise our clients.
Our technical division at HeadCount continually evaluates new traffic counting technologies and we have found the Brickstream® 3D stereo camera from FLIR® Systems to be among the most accurate and reliable. As a result, it has become HeadCount’s de facto standard.